Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Charming Thanks

I got a lovely call this evening from one of Michael's mother's oldest friends, Linda. She's been friends with Melba since before Michael was born. I met her and her son last year when I was at the bookstore. She's very nice. Sent me two pretty handmade bracelets. Well, the call was unexpected. Guess it shouldn't have been since I sent her one of the save the date cards. But anyway, she had check out this blog and was surprised to see that I love the Charming Tails. So, she was calling to ask me if I was serious about wanting the wedding party. Yes! Michael thinks they are adorable too. Well, she used to collect them and knows people who do as well and so has offered to get us the set. Awww. . .how so very sweet! I am very touched and very excited. Really, it is such a lovely thing to do since she doesn't know me very well and all. But I understand as I tend to do things like this too. lol Must be the Yank in us (she grew up in the PA/OH area).

But seriously. . .I really am grateful and wanted to let you all know that. They will definitely have a place of honor at the wedding.

Linda told me about a piece that I am going to keep my eye open for. It's one of the oldest pieces. I looked it up and it came out the second year of the series. Hmmm. . .that one will take a while to track down. lol But, as Linda said, she thinks hunting them is the fun part. I quite agree.

It's these conversations with great people that make me so look forward to the wedding and all the fun we're going to have!

No comments: