I have finally found an excuse to use the coupons for Michaels that come in the Sunday paper. lol I say excuse because, well, I like the store but haven't had reason to shop there much. I also had a coupon for A.C. Moore but I didn't really like them as much. They had some different stuff but. . .eh.
Anyway, two weeks ago I went in to see if I could get some nice boxes for organizing cards and stuff. And maybe find a card box for the wedding since I haven't seen anything like what I got Valerie last year (knew I should have bought one for us) at Hallmark. The wedding ones are just too darn expensive and, well, wedding frou-frou. I want something I can use again. And I found it! Michaels was having a sale on one of it's collections so I managed to get a couple of good boxes that I can use for various things. They have butterflies on them and are spring in nature but, hell, doesn't matter. The one I got for the wedding has a blue and white bouquet and that should match mine close enough. I can now move all of the cards I've saved since I was a child (yes, I have kept every card ever given to me) in a nice box instead of a plain one. Plus I have one to keep the invitation stuff organized. We are not doing those at home but I want something I can use as we put them together once they are back from the printers. And I have one for loose photos. So, I am happy.
Michaels' wedding section is fine. It's where I got the save the date cards. Some things are a little too pricey but some are decent. I know we're going to forgo the bubbles thing even though we can't do the rice/birdseed thing at the venue. No point when it will be dark by the time we leave. But I've seen other things to use from other places. So, I'm happy.
We are essentially buying stuff a little here and a little there. It's working well. Ok, well, I should get some work done. I've got to think what should be the next poll. Will have that within the week. Hugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment