Ok, all, we have hotel rooms blocked for all of you out of towners. It's a Wingate Hotel that's really well placed in the grand scheme of things. It's a new building and is right down the road from the wedding/reception site. The price is very good for what we're getting ($89/night) and the block runs from Sunday, October 26th to Sunday, November 2nd. I did such a span because I don't know how long some of you will want to come and stay. And trust me when I say that the rate is awesome. I've priced a couple and lowest I would have gone for with a decent place is $70/night. And the rate we have is even lower than their advertised rate on either their main page or Expedia. I did my research so this place wasn't just chosen for convenience.
Now, if some of you have memberships with another chain (this is a Wyndham), then feel free to try and find rooms there. I say try because unless you know Columbia. . .well, you could be way out or in the middle of stuff you don't need to deal with. See, the wedding weekend happens to fall on one of USC's big home football games. (sigh) USC vs Tennesee. For those of you who have no concept of college sports, trust me when I say that if you wait to get a room. . .you're gonna be doomed. Some places are already booked. So, contact the Wingate and just go with that one.
Besides, everyone staying at the same place has several advantages for all of us. I've included the link on the right. I have reserved 15 king sized rooms and five doubles. If anyone would like to share one of the doubles, let me know and I'll pair y'all up. I know some peeps have a limited budget.
By the way, go ahead an book even if you have to cancel later. They are holding the block until my birthday but you never know what can happen. And you can always cancel later. I will be sending out printed info soon as well so peeps not normally checking or getting these updates can have the info.
When planning on how long to stay. . .that's up to you all. Mike and I will be taking our honeymoon a little later in the month so we have breathing space to see people. And I will have that Wednesday off from work so if anyone would like to do a trip somewhere, we could do so. I'll put up options later on for outings.
Hugs to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment