Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Flying In

Ok, I was going to wait to put this info on the blog until later but I've already had two questions about it so here we go.

For those of you who are flying in. . .the best days that week would be any but Tuesday, the 28th. Thursday will be ok but with it being the day before the wedding, well, I can't promise we'll be available for pick-ups and what-not.

As for when to leave. . .that's up to you. I just locked in the rate through that Sunday night. However, I'm sure that if you want to stay longer into the next week, the Wingate people will be more than happy to haggle with you. It's off season and the beginning of a week. So, I doubt there will be a problem with the rate staying the same.

Now, where to fly in? Well, that all depends upon rates. Columbia Metropolitan (CAE) is the closest. Charlotte International (CLT) is the next best but is 1.5 hours away. So, it depends upon 2 things: 1) how much of a difference in price is your ticket and 2) will you be renting a car? Cause, with gas the price it is, if you're renting a car, you could spend as much in gas (usually a little more than a half tank to three quarters depending on the vehicle for a round trip) for the extra drive. If you're not renting, we can get you from either place. It's a straight shot from CLT to Columbia and the hotel so that shouldn't be a concern for you all.

So, it's your call on that one. CAE is a much smaller airport but CLT isn't too intimidating. As you make plans to come in, just keep me posted via email. K? Hugs.

No comments: