Monday, April 7, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake

One more thing down. We will be having the yummiest cake ever for the wedding. No cardboard for our guests (though I must admit that my friends have done well to avoid that at their weddings. . .but then, they have good taste). Nope we are having to die for cake.

See, there's this local bakery called Chocolate Nirvana. It's a very tiny little place that you would probably miss because it's mixed in with a bunch of houses and small businesses. It is next to the one historical house (that we considered for a locale) and just happens to be down from Michael's church but. . .you blink, you miss it. We've known about it for years because they sell to a lot of the local restaurants. Miyo's (my fave in Columbia) serves their Godiva Chocolate cake, Coconut cake, and various cheesecakes. They are all very yummy but our favorite is the Godiva chocolate. Can we say yummmmm?

I called today and the lady loved me cause we don't need to arrange a tasting and that just made her life easier. She said I was the best bride ever! lol When I went to secure the date for us today, the lady told me that they actually have a chocolate covered version of the coconut cake that tastes like a Mounds. mmmmm So, we may end up with one of the cakes being that. They do separate cakes rather than a tier thing which is fine. Oh, and I joked about how I should have said yes to the tasting cause then we would get to eat yummy samples and she gave me some slices for free! Woohoo! lol That was very cool. Heck, no guilt here cause that's supposed to be one of the more fun parts of all of this. But it's all good.

(giggle) Everyone is gonna be so hyped up on sugar. It's gonna be a great party!

No comments: