Anyway, we're doing something equally as simple as I mentioned before with the Godiva chocolate cakes. We are going to add one of the white coconut ones for people who would rather have something besides chocolate. But all in all, the cakes are fairly "plain" looking. Of course, we can set them in a cool fashion or decorate them with flowers or whatnot. Actually, Michael and I have had our main topper in mind for over a year when I found it online.
See, one of the things that we have in common is that we love dragons (well, anything fantasy based, really, which explains the wedding theme but we always agree on dragons). So, when I found this topper online, we agreed to it:

It's pewter and very cool. There is a full set of wedding stuff with it: cake knife and server, flutes, goblets, etc. We can't afford the whole set so the only other thing I'm considering are the flutes in the cobalt blue:

Minus the engraving though cause I like them better plain. Don't need our names and date on them cause we know what they are for.
Now, last night I remembered another set I love. I'd completely forgotten about it cause at the time they were out, I had no idea I'd ever get married so I didn't even buy them for a "someday." See, I collect something called Pocket Dragons. Got into it years ago because one of my friends then was collecting them and I thought they were so cool. Well, the creators decided to retire the entire collection two years or so ago. So, it's hard to get the wedding pieces but I think they are so cool:



And last but not least, I have another collection I do that is all my own (in other words, no one else I know collects them), Charming Tails. Hallmark carries them and they have been around for quite a long time. They are cheaper than the PDs but I tend to like all of the pieces cause they are just so damn cute! I won't post the pics here cause they have a complete wedding set but you can find it at Charming Tails Wedding Collection. (sigh) I LOVE them! Aren't they adorable? Ok, so maybe it would be over the top to have three different cake toppers but they have to be decorated somehow. But I have plenty of time for that consideration cause we don't have the money right now for any of them. Gotta survive the summer first. Ah well. Just some rambling ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment