Yup, that's right, it came in. We got a postcard in the mail telling us that the dress had arrived. Michael let his dispatcher know that he would like a job up in Raleigh at some point so we were able to go up on Wednesday. Actually, his job was two hours west so I ended up hanging out at a dinky little mall. We were exhausted by the time we stopped at the bridal store. Michael stayed in the truck while I went in to make sure that everything was fine.
I have to say that I really like Bridal Mart. They are really nice and helpful. I ended up talking with one of the same women from last time. She helped me try on the dress with a corset first but then insisted on seeing it without so that I wouldn't have to buy anything that I didn't need to since the dress already has a built in corset (Val and Jami are gonna have so much fun tying me into it lol). It looks just fine without so I may just do a normal bra or get one anyway. I really can't picture myself trusting that something won't happen if I go top commando even though it fits snug. Nope. So, I am going to figure it out over the next few months.
The dress was just fine. The lace bolero jacket I bought is pretty and not itchy but I'm having Michael make a satin or silk lining for it so that it covers my arms and upper back better. But I love the sleeves. And I may still do wings on me. Not sure yet. The lady who helped me suggested that since the dress has blue trim and blue in the back that Michael should sew in some blue beads on the jacket. That was an awesome idea. Michael is actually going to make shells in blue and white to see which we like better. If we go with the white, we'll do the blue beading. The lady also gave me a great idea for how to do the bustle so that the train pattern stands out in the back. It's going to be awesome.
I also bought my veil so I don't have to deal with that down here. Why go hunting when I found one that we both like? And it works well. It's not as long as I had originally wanted but that's fine. The comb works well and it lays pretty and that's all that matters.
So, that errand is done. Yay! I'm going to wait until the end of September to worry about tailoring it because it doesn't need much. I'm lucky. . .the length is perfect, the waist is perfect, and the bodice is fine but for needing a little tuck under the armpits. The only other thing that we need to tweak are the straps. They are removable and thin and I don't really care for them. So, Michael might make me new ones. But, if I had to rush in buying a dress and needed it tomorrow, well, it would work just fine. I am so happy with being tall right now. lol
Anyway, that's about it for this week's adventure. We're trying to finalize a location for our shower and that should be done this week. So, I'll let you know how things go. Hugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment