We have a locale for both the wedding and the reception! Yay! Actually, we've had it for a few weeks but I haven't had time to let you all know. Just look at the Wintergreen Woods link under wedding stuff. It's perfect. The pictures really do capture the place well. In fact, those are what kept drawing me back to the page. That and the idea of having a place with all in one capabilities.
I mean, we looked at a lot of places and narrowed them down to 12. But the main problem was that the places we liked were awesome for the budget but hell on time because we would have had to do all of the decorating the day of, etc. Ugh I so don't want to spend our wedding day stressing out about where everything is going to be set, etc. I'm not being a Bridezilla, I'm being practical.
Well, with Wintergreen Woods, we get it all in a nice neat package. The couple who owns the place set it up for busy people like Michael and I. They will take care of it all to our specifications. And we will be ok for both an outside or inside ceremony depending upon the weather. There is plenty of parking. The food choices are awesome and per head within the budget. We don't have to pay extra for alcohol cause we can supply our own for no extra charge! One place wanted to charge us a $15/head corkage fee if we brought our own alcohol. WW supplies us with a bar facility and a bartender within the cost of the package. That really sold Michael after the other place. If we decide not to go with one of their cakes, we get some $ off per person. So that's cool too. Plus they coordinate everything and I don't have to stress about not having a planner or trying to designate someone to help. Everyone can come party with us like we want. All in all, it's a wonderful idea, place, and deal. And we really like the people. It was a great weight off of our shoulders.
Of course there is still a ton to do but WW really will help me with the small details. So, right now we have: locale, DJ, and photographer. Next up is hotels (which I have a list of) and flowers (appointment this Tuesday). 8 months to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment