Friday, March 14, 2008

Saturation

Ok, so I spent more time on the wedding this week than any other point. I think I'm overflowing with it. lol Actually, it only comes down to two main areas: flowers and dresses. So without further ado. . .

Flowers: I have to admit that I haven't had a clue what I want for the flowers. Just something pretty. lol And that I want to get them preserved afterwards. So, I made an appointment with the owner of my favorite flower shop here: Rosewood Florist. I didn't want to seem like a complete space cadet so I did some research on the seasonal flowers and meanings and made a small list. Really, I am simple in my tastes with them because I like most flowers. I lean towards the standard roses and lilies but I also love carnations. For fillers I like baby's breath and ivy. All of those coupled with the wedding theme helped Chad come up with some great ideas. Our flowers are going to look like they've just been picked because the stems will be wrapped and exposed at the same time.

My flowers will be all white (roses, stephanotis, and freesia) with an undercurrent of blue (hydranga). I think there will also be baby's breath and ivy. I had thought having something different for each of the attendants would be good but Chad says that uniform really does work better. I trust him so they will have baby's breath, yellow freesia, hot pink mums (I think it's mums), white daisies, and ivy. He thought that yellow would be the best coordinating color. Okie dokie. I want corsages for Michael's mother, my Aunt Wendy, and Kathy since they will be the primary mommy figures. Those will be white roses. Michael will have a boutonniere of white freesia, stephanotis, and ivy wile the rest of the guys will have yellow freesia and ivy. But Michael needs to see the latter to see is he likes it so we may nix the boutonnieres. But our deposit is done and we can cut stuff later. Oh, and my tossing bouquet is free. It's something they throw in (pun intended). As for preservation, check out the Flowers Forever Link.

Dresses: We did this over two days because I didn't go to the shop I prefer. (sigh) Should have cause the other one didn't have anything that I could really try on though I did make an attempt. We're all getting something from the Alfred Angelo line. We went more for Jami and Cynthia to try on my top dress choices for them. I pretty much had a firm decision made but I wanted to see it on them. It (#6494) looked fabulous:



It should fit Jen well as I'm pretty sure I've seen her in that kind of neckline. I really hope that Valerie likes the dress too because I have been in love with this one since I first started looking. She prefers straight satin and I like the fluidity of the chiffon over the satin. I think it will flatter her but I don't know. I'll trust her judgment on the yay or nay. I have other choices that will be ok.

As for me. . .well, I got to see some of my top choices on. Jami said that she had been surprised because I didn't act like a Bridezilla about the whole thing. Um, no. A Bridezilla would never have told her attendants to try on the gowns so that she could see how they look. lol Jami and Cynthia modeled two of my top choices because the sizes weren't anywhere near close enough for me to try. And Jami wanted to see what they looked like just as much as me so I was like, "Well, if you want to see them that badly, you model them!" lol So she did. They were both great. Jami looked beautiful. It freaked her out a little. But she will be an awesome bride some day.

Anyway, I love the back of my top choice dress but I am not so thrilled with the front. It's a little plain. Jami liked the one she tried on better. Cynthia liked mine. Obviously, in the end, it's what I want that matters. However, I am going to show Michael the pics and see which he likes. After all, he isn't seeing me in the dress so it doesn't jinx things.

I may just post them all here for you to vote on just for the hell of it. I'll make a decision at some point so it will be a surprise in the end for you all but it's good to have various opinions.

No comments: