So, I told Michael this past weekend that the next time he headed to Raleigh on a MWF I would like to go along to check out the two online stores that I found from up there. Well, he happened to need to go yesterday so we took that as a hint and I went with him. Well, the one shop doesn't exist. It's supposed to have a physical location but it doesn't. Unless, of course, it is really owned by the second shop. But whatever cause the second place (which I knew existed cause it's listed in Bridal magazines) was perfect for my needs. It's called Bridal Mart (sorry, Rebecca, for not calling you but I didn't know our time frame since Mike had two jobs up there) and is great. They have tons of dresses ranging from $100+. The price to order a brand spanking new one that has never been worn is only slightly higher ($30 for mine) than the in stock price. Actually, I suspect that difference would depend upon the condition of the dress but I didn't research that.
They didn't have "my" gown in my size but they did have it in a smaller one (8) and even in the right color. Michael was shocked by how much the thing weighs (he estimates 20 pounds). lol But he really likes the dress as much as I do. He did get to see the other two top choices but didn't like them nearly as much (Jami, the one you tried on had a pink copy there that was only $300 there cause it was a display model). We also looked for a veil and a few other things. Then we talked about whether to order it then or for me to call back.
Well, the women were so very helpful. The price was so very good. And the place had customers who seemed happy with their purchases. So, it was a no brainer that I would be getting my dress from them. In the end, we ordered it They measured me again and that's when we had some fun because my measurements are larger than what the book says should fit into the size I know I am. In order to be sure, the woman had me try on an Alfred Angelo dress (one like you tried, Cynthia) which was cool cause Michael got to see one of the three choices on me. And we got to verify the veil too. Well, you should have seen the lady's face when the smaller size fit perfectly. She has never seen that in 10 years. lol I guess I a just an odd duck. Or my fat shifts elsewhere for dresses.
Michael paid for it cause he didn't want me to touch my savings more yet. I'd already pulled some for the deposits we've made so it was all fair. We ordered the dress and the jacket I want for it. When they come in, we'll get the veil I found and a bra/corset thingie cause I tried one on and they fit awesome and fall just right.
So, that's one more thing off my list. The ladies can buy their dresses from Bridal Mart too if they want. Theirs is a very good price there. And all in all I am happy with the outcome of this area so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment